JOIN US at Understanding Human Partnership: An Evening for Global Health Awareness and Connection — buy your tickets today!
Join us for an important evening on October 14, 2016!
Pre-paid Tickets and Donations: $5—$25. CLICK HERE to purchase tickets!
Learn more about Global Human Partnership!
Participate in discussion!
Support our community in the KFWH current goal to build a new KFWH Maternity and Pediatric Clinic at the John Dau Hospital in Duk Payuel, South Sudan!
Kids for World Health is sponsoring their fifth Community Event on October 14, 2016 entitled “Understanding Human Partnership: An Evening for Global Health Awareness and Connection”. This year the event will include a thought- provoking program featuring our keynote speaker, John B. Dau, award-winning author and one of the Lost Boys from the Sudanese War and a panel of global health professionals with direct experience in the field! Under the theme of Global Human Partnership, the following topics will include:
- What do we mean by “Human Partnership”?
- Social Justice-What is it and how do we recognize and understand the needs of others?
- Cultural conditions- What causes strife for the world’s poorer villages?
- Impact on communities-how are people affected by disease and poor or unattainable healthcare?
- Stories and experiences-What evidence points out why certain actions may be more successful and what can best be developed and changed?
- Humanitarian efforts- What works and why?
- Review of the current situation in South Sudan- What has been the KFWH involvement within South Sudan?
- The work of KFWH in Guatemala- How has our work with Dr. Patricia Dorn impacted the prevention of Chagas Disease?
Prior to the program, there will be light refreshments, Student Exhibits of KFWH work, and an exciting Silent Auction that includes Art, signed books, vacation packages, vintage items, and fun adventures to name a few.
It is the Immediate Goal of Kids for World Health to construct a KFWH Maternity and Pediatric Clinic at the John Dau Hospital in Duk, Payuel in South Sudan. With the support and partnership of our community to another, we can potentially service 66,000 villagers. Please help us reach our goal of $25,000 and we will break ground in December, 2016!
General Admission tickets may be purchased at the door on the evening of the program for $20.00 adults, $5.00 for students.
Donations made on the EVENTBRITE site, will be sent directly to help KFWH and our communities reach this goal!
Other ways to participate are to send your private donations to Kids for World Health/PO Box 557/Larchmont, New York 10538/or see “Donations” at the top of our website Home Page!
DATE: October 14, 2016
WHEN: 6:00 PM-9:30 PM
WHERE: Hommocks Middle School/ located off Boston Post Road/Larchmont, NY
Recommended reading and/or viewing:
- “God Grew Tired of Us”, a film directed by Christopher Quinn recording the inspiring life journey of John Dau of the Dinka Tribe and the Lost Boys of Sudan and the award-winning book, “God Grew Tired of Us”, written by John B. Dau.
- The Kids for World Health informational WEBSITE: www.kidsforworldhealth.org
We hope to see you in the audience on October 14th!
This event is recommended for ages 9 and up.